Market Analysis and Strategic Planning Support needed.
- Bank was underperforming and under regulatory scrutiny.
- Some branch locations in newer markets were not delivering on their growth objectives.
- Bank management and Board were not aligned on forward strategy.
- Activist shareholder seeking improved results at play.
- Analyzed two targeted growth markets and associated branch locations in each.
- Examined both retail and small business markets in all sub-markets surrounding each branch.
- Provided management and the Board with demographics surrounding each location and each sub-markets locations.
- Developed a competitive landscape analysis for each market.
- Recommended actions to improve growth in both markets.
- Bank retained one location it had targeted for closure and upgraded personnel there to better serve targeted retail and business customer base.
- Loan production office was established in second growth market.
- Assisted the Bank with talent acquisition.
- Management and Board aligned around this strategy.