Line of Business Re-Engineering and Business Plan Development needed.
- Bank was overly dependent on real estate lending in its market.
- Commercial/business lending delivery and support functions were largely deficient.
- Bank knew very little about the business banking market in its market footprint.
- Evaluated the commercial banking line of business from origination to portfolio monitoring, including support functions such as the loan approval, appraisal, credit analysis, loan operations, and special assets functions, as well as loan policies.
- Assessed skill levels of all commercial officers.
- Established a “future state” organization structure for commercial business generation and Identified gap areas the Bank would have to fulfill.
- Performed a segmented business household analysis for each sub-market location of the Bank identifying over 25,000 business customers located within 3 miles of each branch location and key cluster opportunities the Bank could target for deposit and loan business.
- Developed an analysis of the Bank’s current commercial loan and deposit customers lifting up growth opportunities within the existing customer base.
- Assisted with talent acquisition.
- Bank completely realigned its commercial banking functions in accordance with recommendations.
- Hired the recommended commercial line of business head.
- Adopted recommended commercial business development model with a focused approach on companies under $25 million in revenues.