Gregory W. Feldmann, President Skyline Capital Strategies, LLC
As President and co-founder of Skyline Capital Strategies, LLC, a business advisory firm located in Roanoke, VA, Greg brings over thirty-five years of experience in banking, corporate finance, and investments, including governance and executive roles within both public and private companies. He is an acknowledged subject matter expert in strategic planning, executive and board leadership, and line of business management in the financial services arena.
During his career, Greg has served as a Director, President, and CEO of three community banks including StellarOne Bank ($3.1 billion), First National Bank of Christiansburg ($1.5 billion), and Salem Bank & Trust ($300 million). He is currently a director of Carter Bank & Trust, a $4.1 billion Virginia based community bank. Earlier in his career, he served as a Principal of Dominion Investment Banking, Inc. and President of Dominion Capital Markets Corp., subsidiaries of Dominion Bankshares Corporation, where he was responsible for corporate and public finance origination activities, as well as private equity investments.
Greg received a B.A. in Classical Studies from Hampden-Sydney College, where he was a Baker Scholar, member of the Honor Court, captain of the men’s varsity tennis team and selected for inclusion in a variety of academic and leadership honorary fraternities including Phi Beta Kappa, ODK, Eta Sigma Phi, and Phi Alpha Theta. He has undertaken advanced studies in commercial banking through the University of Virginia’s banking programs, successfully passed the Series 7, 24, 63 and 65 securities exams and completed the NVCA’s venture capital certificate program.
In recognition of his corporate and community leadership roles, Greg was awarded a National Leadership Fellowship by the W. K. Kellogg Foundation from 1989 through 1991. Greg has served on numerous civic and community boards over the course of his career including:
- Blue Ridge Literacy (Vice President, Board member)
- Western Virginia Foundation for the Arts and Science (Treasurer, Executive Committee and Endowment Committee)
- Habitat for Humanity of the Roanoke Valley (past Board Chair)
- Goodwill Industries (Board member)
- Roanoke Valley Youth Soccer Club (Board Vice President)
- Kimoyo Ltd. (past Board co-chair)
- Roanoke Country Club (past Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair)
- Roanoke Redevelopment and Housing Authority (past Chair)
- RBTC (Board member)
His current civic involvements include serving on the boards of many local organizations:
- Blue Ridge PBS (Chairman emeritus, Finance and Investment Committee)
- Mill Mountain Theatre (Vice President, Treasurer, Executive Committee)
- Feeding America of Southwest Virginia (Director, Development Committee)
- Family Services of Roanoke Valley (Board member, Finance & Nominating Committees)
- RAMP Advisory Board (past Chairman and board member)
- Trustee on the Board for the City of Roanoke’s Pension Plan (current Board Chairman and Investment Committee member)
- Valleys Innovation Council (Board member)